Upward Film Evaporating System Heat Transfer Coefficient For Beer
Juice Milk Industry
1. Multi effect Evaporator
The operating cost of evaportion device is mainly subject to energy
consumption. Usually one or two of the following options, even 3
options will be selected to achieve maximum energy efficiency.
The heat released by 1kg steam condensation is basically the same
as the heat absorbed by evaporation of 1kg water. Therefore to
single-effect evaporation, 1kg water in the material for
evaporation will consume 1 kg live steam; if the secondary steam is
used to heat up the steam for the next effect, the consumption of
secondary steam and live steam will be cut down by 50% When the
number of effect increases, steam consumption decreases while the
investment in equipment increases substantially. Therefore usually
it shall not be more than 5 effects.
2. Compared to shell-tube evaporator, plate type evaporator has
1. Higher efficiency: in starch sugar and sugar alcohol industry, regarding
triple-effect evaporation device, the average evaporation capacity
of heat transfer area per unit may reach 30-50kg/ m2»h. In juice
industry, the average evaporation capacity of heat transfer area
per unit may reach 30-70kg/ m2«h
2. Small land coverage and compact structure: 20-30t/h large-sized evaporation device may be installed within
places of ll*6m of height 4m.
3. Short retention of the material: for four-effect evaporation device, it takes approximately 4
minutes for the materials to pass from first effect to the fourth
effect and go out. It only stays for 2-4 seconds at the
high-temperature position within the first effect, which is highly
effective for the concentration of thermal materials.
4. Low liquid holdup: due to the height of the evaporator, the static pressure of the
fluid column is below 15kpa, which reduces the power of the
material pump and minimizes the temperature difference of the fluid
column (may be ignored).
5. Easy installation and maintenance: installation of one four-effect concentration device may be
completed within 7-12 days (depending on the evaporation capacity).
The plate bundles may be taken off to be cleaned, replaced,
increased, or decreased.
6. Easy inspection: As all the equipment is usually inspected on a small planar area
(such as 10*6 square plane), it is extremely convenient. Better
effect may be achieved if there is PLC control available.
7. Low investment cost for equipment: As new evaporation equipment, the price of plate type evaporator
depends on the evaporation capacity. Usually for a 304
triple-effect plate evaporator with 10T evaporation capacity, the
larger the evaporation capacity, more favourable the cost is